Social Media Strategist
The Social Media Strategist lives by two words: “so what?” In a world of buzz words and social media jargon it’s easy to get caught up in the fluff. The social media strategist recognizes that social media is not a one-size-fits-all approach and that each client has its own goals – so how will we reach them? How will we measure them? How will we provide value? These are essential questions that can often get overlooked in the social media world.
We’re looking for a thought leader. Someone who jumps on the next big social network or app but then throws it away if it’s a waste of time. Someone who is always reading AdWeek or Mashable for the latest news and best practices, but who also turns around and develops his or her own best practices and findings. The beautiful thing about social media is that it’s always changing, and we want someone who finds that just as exciting as we do.
- Social Media Management – Play an active role in developing social media strategies, content calendars and implementing these strategies. This position will take lead on managing any specific social media promotions (contests/sweepstakes/giveaways).
- Social Advertising – Manage social media advertising programs for clients. This can be anything from Facebook page like ads, Facebook promoted posts and exploring additional advertising possibilities on other platforms.
- Social Reporting – Track and report on success of social media campaigns (organic and paid) on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Email Marketing – Maintain knowledge of email best practices and take lead on sending and reporting on email blasts.
- Blog/Content Writing – Develop engaging content that can be promoted on social to boost website traffic and engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of experience in Social Media Marketing for brands or businesses
- Creative writing experience is a plus
- Strength in evaluating and interpreting data
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel